cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to create number range for a document type? This document type has not assigned for a number range yet.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggests. But my mind are not. In VN01, we only create number range and it aassigns No automatically for document type. Currently, this document type has not assigned in No yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please furthur elaborate?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Quang

I am unable to understand your comments we only create number range and it aassigns No automatically for document type

As already suggested here, you have to maintain the number range for SD documents in VN01 and you have to manually assign it in the respective documents. For example,

- for SO, you have to assign in VOV8,

- for Delivery in OVLK and

- for Billing in VOFA.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Number Range is maintained in T.Code: VN01. Number Range has to be maintained in each server i.e Development, quality, Production.

Number Range object is assigned in T.Code: VOV8 for Sales Order Type and VOFA for Billing Type.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

IMG-->S.D>SALES>SALES DOCUMENT -

> SALLES DOCUMENT HEADER---->DEFINE NUMBER RANGES FOR SALES DOCUMENTS

or T code VN01

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quang,

Pls follow as Prasanth said.

For your information I am giving some extra info so that it will be helpful for you.

When creating a sales document, a unique number is assigned which

identifies the sales document. The number comes from the number range

which is provided for the document type.

There are two possible types of number assignment:

Internal number assignment

The SAP System automatically assigns a consecutive number from the

defined number range.

External number assignment

You specify a number from the external number range.

You can mention Internal or external in T-code VN01 and assign it in VoV8.You can use same number range for different Sales organization.

At the time of sales order creation if you specify the sales order no then system will consider the External number range. If you don't specify the no. then system will consider the internal no range and it will generate the next no.

If you want to control the internal no ranges based on sales org.then you can use the User-exit USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE in program MV45AFZZ.

Regards,

Vvieks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Defind number ranges using transaction VN01, and assigne it to the particular document type in VOV8.

Prase