Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Import Manager System Specs

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MDM gurus!

because we're facing more and more memory problems in Import Manager I'd like to ask you guys what kind of machines you use for importing actions.

We're importing XML-files (45000 articles) with some JOINS in IM.

My actual system specs are :

Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 @ 1,8 GHz

RAM 2GB.

I guess a normal (not dual core) CPU with more than 3 GHz would be recommendable, right?

And 4 GB oder RAM?

MDM Server is only available for Windows Servers, right? And the clients (Console, IM, Data Manager) are also only availble for Windows systems? So is there a possibility to run any of these on a UNIX Server?

Thanks a lot for the information.

Best regards,

Henning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

because we're facing more and more memory problems in Import Manager I'd like to ask you guys what kind of machines you use for importing actions.

We're importing XML-files (45000 articles) with some JOINS in IM.

My actual system specs are :

Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 @ 1,8 GHz

RAM 2GB.

I guess a normal (not dual core) CPU with more than 3 GHz would be recommendable, right?

And 4 GB oder RAM?

MDM Server is only available for Windows Servers, right? And the clients (Console, IM, Data Manager) are also only availble for Windows systems? So is there a possibility to run any of these on a UNIX Server?

First I will like to answer your 2nd question.

MDM can run on many operating Systems like Windows, Linux, Unix ( HP-UX) etc.

Also it can be based on different types of databases such as Oracle, SQL, MAXDB, DB2 etc.

Please follow the link belwo to understand the Installations of MDM server on various platforms.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001119842007E

The second link will help you knowing most of the platforms MDM is compatible with.

2nd Requirement:

For RAM and other requirements, Kindly follow the links below which guide you to the sizing of MDM server:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10c4cd5f-6893-2a10-a2b0-f9cb3cd3...

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

thanks for your quick answer.

So in sizing guide it says for Import Manager:

Recommended: 3GHz with 3 GB of RAM.

Is this what also you would recommend? Or better 4GB of RAM and more than 3 GHz?

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Higher configuration is always better in general.

However, I will still recommend you to go with what SAP recommends you as they know best about their product.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

To add , it would be good if you have a 2 CPU 3 GB RAM system.

BR

SK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

In Addtion to Nitin's reply, there is limitation on Number of records that Import Manager can handle at a time. The limit is 50000 but still depends on type of data to be imported.

Either you have to split the file so that Import Manager can handle or you have to use Import Server to handle large volume of data because Import Server automatically split the records into batches and perform importing.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja