cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate the File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a strange problem that i am faceing now.

I am using a file adapter to push and pull the file. The problem is just before two days the file adapter was working fine but as the location for the file pushing(file location) was not correct , so it went in the HOLD status. I just cancle the queue to make it clear and then re processed the file .

The starange thing is that it is now not picking of the file , when checked the adapter monitoring, i found that the file adapter is in grey status saying "inactive Led : Component status is not defined "

So also i dont found any item (communication channel) for file adapter.

Any idea from your side will be a great help for me.

Thanks in advance.

JAY.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks prateek for the wonderful blog.

But i just need to know is it happened that the adapters sometimes automatically get stopped or there is any dependency in that.

I am definitely looking the notes you have suggested and will come up with the output what ever i got.

Yes the adapters that vanished after a full cache refresh now appering but the file adapter is still in the deactivated stage.

thanks a lot.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is cache problem refresh cache, it will work. If it is not work after refresh restart J2EE engine. Hope now will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It is just suprisied me When i did a full mode cache refresh,,

All the adapters that were present just vanished other than the only one JPR adapter.

Guys any idea on this.

thanks a lot.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check SAP Note 1083488 for ur earlier problem.

For ur current problem, check note 764176.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you activate or deactivate the adapter, then its corresponding services in the J2EE engine become active and inactive.

If possible try to manually activate it. Or try to do some changes in your channel and activate it.

If still this problem persist, do full adapter cache refresh.

And finally restart J2EE engine if possible.

Thanks

Farooq

Edited by: Farooq Farooqui on Aug 25, 2008 4:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your responce.

As for me the adapter was working but suddenly it get stop and goes into the inactive mode.

I the blog that is suggested do have a link but that is not opening.

Can you let me know where can i found the Communication Channel monitoring, is it CCMS.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sumit,

But the channel is not yellow. it is in grey status, which basically means the adapter is inactive. There are about 50-60 communication channel, and this is not the case of one only.

Hope you got the problem , if not then please let me know.

Thanks a lot

JAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to RWB communication channel and select u r communication channel and start it manually, so it will start u r communication channel,

coming to HOLD.. may be u r using EOIO , plz change it to EO.. so u r messages will not be in hold in future..

Thanks,

Madhav

Note: Points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This thread explains the same problem :

PI adapters are grey, adapter engine is blank for some adapters

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jay,

channel is

yellow.it happens when there is no file picked up.

make a dummy change to your channel.and reactivate it once.

you can reduce the polling interval of the adapter.

once channel will pick up the file.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick replay.

But i am already done with the message that is in holding state and cancel it to reprocess the file.

Thanks,

JAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever "Holding" in RWB. Pls follow this Blog.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3566. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

skumar