cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recipe workbench for packaging development purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am looking for information about using recipe workbench for packaging development.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

We have set up 20 different packaging specification types, each with its own property tree. All of our current and in-development packaging is contained within RM. You will want to use the specification workbench to manage your types and the properties you need to capture.

How RM interacts with other modules can be very complex. There is an existing EHS/QM interface which can be used to create incoming inspection plans for receipt at a loading dock. We weren't happy with the default and did some custom development to make the interface work better for us.

If you use RM for recipe development, you can use your packaging specifications as inputs and outputs to general and site recipes - there's a lot of configuration involved. If you transform those recipes, then the packaging specifications will link to materials and appear in the master recipes. Also, any QM data entered into those recipes will become part of the in-process inspection plan at the plant.

Another interface point is using Trial Management. We have not activated this yet, but it can be used for managing any testing, including packaging development. Stability studies may be useful as well.

Sorry to be so general, but I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what information you need. You may want to check the SAP OKP (online knowledge products) in Service Marketplace related to RM, as well as the standard documentation available.

Keep me posted.

Beth Perry

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Beth perry,

thanks for your help, please share me the link for OKP

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

The packaging engineers at ConAgra Foods are using the RM workbench for packaging development right now. I'm not sure exactly what information you need, so respond to this post or give me a call if you want to discuss.

Beth Perry

(402) 938-8161

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi perry,

i am also looking for the same for an agrochemical company itself.

i just want to know how recipe workbench can be utilized for packaging development. what the role it will play there.

how to integrate diff modules of SAP with RM. send me some link about it

thanks in advance

regards

Anand Bende

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kaushal,

this is not the thing what i am looking for. the ans you have given is about ABAP workbench

0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

please, read the SAP note 951731 (Enhancement for the reaction formula (packaging)) to find more information. I think the source code extensions are not so interesting for that, but the settings of the IMG parameters and classes / characteristics.

Best regards,

Roland Freudenberg

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos