cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII - SAP Idoc communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I configured a IDOC connector in xMII and SAP respectively. All the configuration was correct. When i tried to send process orders using POIT transaction, there was an error "Meta data for LOIPRO01 is missing" in SM58 logs.

Later i read one of the threads and understood it is because of user authorization problem. Then i changed the user name to one with SAP all authorization.It started working fine.

Can any one explain how the SAP user name used in xMII affects the communication ? What kind of SAP authorizations are necessary for the user that is defined in IDOC configuration of xMII ?

Thanks,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Srini,

MII uses the user you have set in the message listener to get the idoc structure. When the stucture can't be downloaded (which in my experience usually is an authorization problem) you will see the "Metadata" error.

As the user reads the stucture data via RFC, certain RFC authorizations are needed (object S_RFC). However, the exact authorizations you need depend on what you want to do. I recommend that you do an authorization trace (transaction ST01) with your authorization team to extract the necessary authorizations. You may start with SAP_ALL and pick all the necessary objects and values from the trace list and create a new role for your user.

Michael

Answers (0)