cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to file transfer using UDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am doing one scenario,file tofile transfer using UDF.

I will write one UDF which will read the whole content from text file and write to the target path.Ok.so i am mentioning both sender and reciver URL in UDF.is this the correct way.

then if am writing URL in UDF then is it again need to create communication channel for both.

and how i will do mapping using UDF..plz let me know weather my concept is correct or not

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>i am doing one scenario,file tofile transfer using UDF.

Why UDF is required in this case. If File Adapter is available then we can simpley avoid it. All extra/custom functionality is used when Tools standard concept fails to fullfill the requirement. In your case you can simpley pick the file from the sender file adatper and put it by receiver file adapter.

>> will write one UDF which will read the whole content from text file and write to the target path

Yes it is possible, but what will triger your interface?? Let say you wrote a code to read the file using URL. but how will interface run??

Thanks

Farooq

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so it's a good pratice.It's always better to use Communication channels.

Thanks,

Kalyan.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think URL mentioned in UDF is not right way, and it is not good practice. If u want both source and target have same structure use bypass mechanism, it will work, or if u want different target structure from source structure use FCC mechanism, we can get whatever structure we want.

Best practice to read and write files by communication channel

I hope now clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchitra,

can u explian ur scenario more clearly even if u write the UDF u need to create the communicatoin channel becoz it is a physcial connection between the sender system and receiver system

Regards

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this with out UDF and through File--File Simple Scenario

What is your Typical requirement to use the UDF here.

If there is no Specific UDF Requirement means , we can follow Normal Scenario to pick the file from One place and to place it at another folder

File to File scenario:

- File to File Part 1

- File to File Part 2

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/flatFILETOFLATFILE&

REgards

Seshagiri