cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking strategy M issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

I am using picking strategy as M (small and large quantities). In my materials, I have defined control quantity as 30 cs. So when a transfer order is created for more than 30 cs, system picks from 001 storage type and if TO quantity is less than 30 cs, system picks from 002 storage type. This is working fine.

My picking sequence is: 001 then 002. But when there is no stock in 001, system doesnt suggest to go and pick from 002 automatically.

I would like system to go to storage type 002 and pick from there if there isn't any stock left in 001. How should I make this work? Is this possible to achieve? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Puneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi puneet

Check your picking Search seq table. first storage type in the searrch seq table should be the storage type for the smallest quantitythen medium size quantity, and so on.

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Puneet

I think that in youe search strategy you need to specify 001 and then 002 otherwise the system will go to 001 and if there is no stock then it will stop and give you an error message.

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

System will goto storage type 002 for picking if the quantity is more than 30.

If it is less than 30 then system wont look in storage type 002. If you want to put in storage type 002 if the quantity is less than the control quantity then i think u need to do it manually