cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing action Event in the Embedding View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I embedded View B in the View A through View UI Element Container, Now through the WDMODIFYVIEW we are creating elements in the View B. Now we need to create elements based upon the Actions performed in the View A. How to capture which action is being triggered in the View A so that i can create elements in the View B.

If we use WDDOBEFOREACTION in the View B as the if_wd_view_controller refers the View B we cannot able to find out which action is triggered in the View A.

Any suggestions how to find out the Actions in the View A, as view B is embedded in it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vikranth,

I think you need to capture the action in view A and pass that action into view 2.

See as u are saying that in view 2 you want that elemts to be created depending on view 1 action.Now this means that some action has been performed in view 1.suppose action ACTION_ADD_SG_QR has been performd in view 1 which can be collecetd in WDDOBEFOREACTION of view 1 only.

And then you pass this collecete action through context mapping to the view 2 where you can write the code depending on this action name.

hope this helps you.

regards

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestion,

I managed by storing the relevent action from the WDDOBEFOREACTION and stored as attribute in the comp controller and reused in the View B