Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure FTP (SSH) with the FTP Adapter

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone ever used the FTP adapter in conjunction with tools like OpenSSH (on CYGWIN) or PUTTY to facilitate secure FTP connections?

I know that the FTP adapter allows us to use FTPS (FTP over SSL), but the client wants to use SSH. As far as I can make out from the various documentation that I have read, openssh or putty need to be triggered as an explicit command.

So, right now, the only way I can think of implementing this scenario is to use the file/ftp adapter to write to a local folder, and then use the 'Run Operating System Command' functionality to trigger the openssh/putty executable, which will then send the file securely to the destination.

But this is not an elegant solution. Can anyone suggest any other way?

Thanks and Regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Check this thread

cheers

Sameer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Manish,

in one of our projects we created a java proxy

for ftp ssh connections - with configurable

inteface (via WWW)

not very difficult to develop + dynamic config (like adapters) + lots of java libraries to use

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am also using the file/ftp adapter to do content conversions. If I follow your suggestions, I will have to use java proxies to connect to a java prgram, within which I will also have to code my content conversion.

sigh... too much custom non-standard code.

Cheers

Manish

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>too much custom non-standard code.

depends you can combine file adapter with proxy

if you're using sender file adapter:

proxy can only move the file from sftp to some standard ftp (just copy) and a new integration scenario will pick it up with standard sender file adapter from a normal ftp folder

the same with file receiver

but it's always the chooice

Regards,

michal