cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Drop down list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VC Gurus!!

I am trying to create a VC model, which contains a drop down list and a result table view.

My requirement is to select a value from the drop down list, click on the button and after this button is clicked, display the result in a chart.

My drop down list displays the "values of the plants" after clicking on the little arrow mark by the side of the list. I can see all the values. but I am unable to select a particular value from this list.

Could any of you please let me know, how to select a value from the drop down list?

Thanks much for your help in advance!!

points galore for useful suggestions....

~~LB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to select the dropdown value.

if you want to submit the value after selecting the dropdown value you can do that by assaigning the Submit action to Dropdwon list.

Goivndu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Thanks for your detailed step by step instructions. It is very helpful.

But I have a few doubts again.

I had created a dropdown list. I gave a custom action for this dropdown list. I also dragged a link and have been trying to give the event name to that link, but am unable to set the properties of this link. Could you guide me, if I am going wrong anywhere?

Right now, without this, after saving and deploying, I am able to see the drop down list with the list of plant values. But I am unable to select any of the plant values. Even after selecting, the value that was selected, vanishes away. Could you tell me, why this is happening?

Thanks for your patience and help...

~~LB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Leena,

just double click the link which you have dragged from the form. In the right hand side you can configure the details of that link. You can get the event name as the drop down where you can select the name which you have alreday mentioned in the button action. Or you can enter also.just check this out

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Thanks for the prompt response. If I am having a button, I am able to give the event name. But if I am not having a button and instead, just giving the action details for the dropdown list itself, then I am unable to provide the event name for the dragged link. Kindly let me know, what could be wrong.

Also, why is it that I am unable to hold onto the selected value of the dropdown list? I just can see, all the list of selected values, but unable to select them. What could be wrong Nutan?

Thanks for your help in advance...

~~LB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nutan/Govindu,

Could you let me know, how to solve this problem? I have a drop down list for Plant selection. I am trying to get these Plant values from the BI query. After creating a dynamic dropdown list, I am able to see the list of plants in the list, but I am unable to select one of the plants and proceed further.

Could you please let me know, how to proceed further?

Appreciate much for your help in advance...

Thanks

~~LB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

There is no difference in configuring the dragged link used for button action or drop-down action or any other action. In all options you can do the configuration. Where are you passing the selected value? Just try with this:

Give system action " SUBMIT" instead of custom action and drag the link and create a signal out. And again try to follow the previous mentioned steps.

Leena, the basic feature of drop down list is to select a particular value so it should work.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

I do not know, if I am doing anything wrong, but I am not able to select a value from the drop down list.

Here is what I did to create a dropdown list.

1. created iview

2. created a form view

3. Added a UI control - dropdownlist and gave the field name - Material

4. Entry list - set dynamic and selected a BI system and provided Input and Output fields and assigned values

5 Input Port - Input; Output Port - OUTPUT

6. System Action - Submit

After this selection, I want to display a chart/table. How do i proceed next? please help me in this regard.

Thanks much for your great help.

Regards!

~~LB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

Are you able to drag the link and create chart or table atleast? Please check with this.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Thanks!

I am able to drag and link the data service with the table/chart. I am getting the information on my chart or table. But the values in the drop down list remain unselected. I dont understand, if I am doing it right.

Is there anyway, I can send you and show you what I am doing, so that you can look at and tell me, if I am doing it right?

Thanks!

~~LB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

Sending any response through the email id except @sdn.com is against the sdn policy. You can check my profile and contact me.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

Whether you got the solution?

Regards,

Nutan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

As per you requirement, I think there is no need of any button after selecting a value from the drop down list to pass the event to display the values in the pie chart. Since every uielement is having an action property. If you will right click the drop down list which you have created you can find the properties options.

1.> Go to the custom action and give some proper action name. Such as PASS

2.> Then from the form where you have designed the drop down list you have drag a link.

3.> Choose the suitable form,table or any other option where you want to pass the values to display.

4.> Double click that link and give the proper name PASS to that. Then assign the values to it which you want to pass through that event. Like: @Value_Plane

5.> Save it and deploy this will solve your problem.

I was unable to understand how are you not able to select a particular value from the drop down list because that is the general feature of the drop down list so it has to work. If it is not working properly then that means you have given the wrong action to the drop list property. May be you have enabled the NO ACTION option in the drop down list property.

Please check this out. And continue the above steps.

I hope it will solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Nutan