cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Determination for Q & P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

When we raise a PR / PO using P or Q account assignment, the WBS element is made mandatory field. Similarly, the G/L is also made mandatory.

What is the procedure to populate the G/L account automatically, when Q and WBS element are provided in the PR / PO.

The material for which we are creating the PO have seperate valuation classes maintained for Project and normal procurement.

KAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check MM Account Determination settings (Transaction - OBYC).Check the accounts maintained against transaction key:BSX (?). Here you can maintain proper GL accounts to be maintained against your valuation calss.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali,

We have maintained the G/L against the Project valuation class in OBYC / BSX setting.

Even then when raising the PR / PO, the G/L is not getting populated. When we enter some G/L (which may not be correct G/L), then the G/L is getting updated as maintained in OBYC / BSX while saving.

My requirement is we should not be able to enter the G/L atall in the first place.

There is some thing which iam overlooking.

KAP

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original problem exists in MM config only.

Thank you for all your replies.

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

U100 is User Exit. check with your Abap.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

G/L determined based on valuation class in material master.

If it is P WBSE is not mandatory as it is make to stock . If it is Q WBSE is madatory.

Also coressponsing G/L account should have post automatically indicator flagged in FS00 T-code create/bank/interest tab.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga

Edited by: Saikishore Ganga on Aug 25, 2008 3:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Murali, Abdul, Ganga for your suggestions.

In fact, this was supposed to be an obvious MM concern.

I have now found a validation for Check Account determination (U100).

The validation says if T.Code is either ME21N / ME22N and the corresponding G/Ls are prerequistue then Check U100.

What is this U100? Where should we check this??

KAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

System picks up the GL based on the valuation class maintained the material/service master. If no valuation class is maintained as in the case of non valuated material then for the account assignment category, GL can be defaulted. check with MM consultant.

regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems system will take GL automatically when you enter the material group also in the PR, as it wont pick up while entering the WBSE only.

Tnx.

Abdul