cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro resets connection when calling webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get a very very strange problem by using Web Dynpro to implement a webservice client.

The Webservice provider is running on a IBM WebSphere Server. I can use xmlspy to call this service and get the response correctly as expected.

But when my web dynpro application (running on WebAS 6.40 Stack 13) calls this webservice, I only get incomplete SOAP response message. It looks like the HTTP response had been broken beforte it finished. To verify this, I use ethereal to analyse the tcp packet. And I find that the WebAS server has sent some tcp reset packets to the websphere server, before the http response can be finished. This problem can be reproduced on different WebAS server. So it can'b be caused by hardware defect.

When I use web dynpro client to call other webservice on other WebAS server, there is no problem at all.

I have really no idea, how could this happen.

Thanks in advance.

Kanyin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now we know how it happens.

The reason is the content of the soap message from webservice provider is by means of the WSDL definition not complete, although the message structure is complete.

The Web Dynpro deserialise the soap response on the fly, without getting the complete SOAP message first. When the parser throws any exception, the connection will be broken by the WebAS.