cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RB_Split fails if only one output

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SP14 and using RB_Split to create multiple output files.

This works fine as long as there is data to split.

However, if there is only a single record being sent that does not need splitting then I do not get any output created.

Looking in sxmb_moni, the message appears to have been processed correctly.

When I look in the message monitor on the Runtime Workbench, the status of the receiver is set to 'Waiting', and eventually fails.

What do I need to do to allow this to work as either a single output or multiple outputs?

Regards

C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether conditional receiver determination will be useful in this scenario.i.e you can direct to two receivers if record could be split else direct to a single receiver..something on these lines.also elaborate your Scenario and directory config.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

I have this EXACT same problem! Multiple records works great, one record doesn't. Did you ever come across a configuration that allowed the processing of either 1 or multiple records? If so, can you share the resolution with me? I'm stumped!

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris -

Apparently, this is a bug in SP14. Please apply the following Note - 878943. My system was on SP15 so I couldn't reproduce the error you described.

Best regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

As jithesh said,use PACKAGING in ur scenario for the split mapping. Search for 'blog on packaging' on sdn, and follow the steps given in the blog.

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chris,

create a external definition and import the idoc in ur external definition.then open ur xsd and set the max occurance of ur idoc as unbounded.create a message interface for ur external message and use that interface in ur interface determination.

i hope this sorts out ur problem

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

More detail as requested.

The source is an idoc from our R/3 system.

The required output is a flat file.

I tried deselecting the 'Maintain order at runtime' - this had no effect.

I cannot use the RB_Classic option, as I do not know how many outputs I am going to get.

I need to split the data according to customer reference, depending on the events, the incoming idoc can have between 1 and 5000 customers in it, each of which needs a separate file. If there are 2 or more customers, then the split works fine, the problem occurs if there is only single customer in the idoc.

Hope this makes my problem clearer.

Cheers

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chris,

when u dont hav any split in ur message the u select RB_CLASSIC in ur interface determination.it will ask for ur inbound interface,specify ur interface.i think u will get the desired output.

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Did you Deselect "Maitain Order at Runtime"?.

I dont know whether it will solve your problem,but it solved my queue porblems in the same case.

Cheers,

Rashmi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chris,

Can you give us the Source Data type and the Destination DataType so that I can understand better why you are facing the problem.

Reagards,

Bhavesh