cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material in multiple languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are maintaining materials in multiple languages in ECC and replicating them to SRM, I have checked table COMM_PRSHTEXT to make sure the text is available in multiple languages and it exists. When I try to create a SC and search for a material in German (DE) or Spanish (ES), no results are returned. I am not sure what else is missing. Please share any ideas on this.

Thanks,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Are you geting Description in your language via COMMPR01 for those materials in different languages?

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for the reply, but when I checked the descriptions part of COMMPR01, it's available in around 13 languages, but while searching from SC, it says no results found in any other language than EN.

Thanks,

Sree

Edited by: Sreedhar Dogiparthy on Aug 24, 2008 7:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

pl ask yr basis for required language packs in SMLT.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh,

Thanks for the reply, but I can see the field labels and other informative strings in other languages, this description is master data right, so how can Basis help us in viewing the materials in different languages?

Thanks,

Sree

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sree,

I believe this is standard functionality.... you will only see the descriptions based on the language you login with. Try logging in with a different language.

Regards, Dean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dean,

I logged in German and Spanish, but couldn't see any materials in the search, even though there are about 2000 records in the table with that language key.

Thanks,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is resolved once the product categories are maintained in multiple languages in ECC and replicated in to SRM, I believe MMID search is also looking at product category in the same language.

Thanks everyone for your input