cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to SAP without Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m trying to establish a connection to our sap-server and execute a function to retrieve some data. Unfortunately i only have VS.NET 2002 available here and so the wizard of the connector doesn´t work. Is it possible to create such a proxy by hand or just parts of it in order to get the data? I already tried to use some com-objects for connecting but I have no experience within this area. I tried to convert a vb-example but i already failed at the first two lines:

SAPBAPIControlLib.SAPBAPIControlClass cont = new SAPBAPIControlClass();

SAPLogonCtrl.ConnectionClass conn = new SAPLogonCtrl.ConnectionClass(); <-- error: not valid / registered

I´m programming in c#. I´d appreciate any idea how to accomplish the task within the given guidelines (especially examples).

Thanks

Thomas Panek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NCo requires proxies. You could theoretically create the proxies by hand, but I would not recommend to do so.

If you really want to use VS 2002, you could try to get a copy of the NCo 1.0 which was originally shipped for VS 2002.

The tool you are refering to in your sample code is the so-called BAPI OCX. This could be used from .NET, but you may need to deal with a bunch of .NET<->COM interop issues.