cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDDOINIT - Binding internal table to context node error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

This error pertains to the Drop Down List error when executing the WDA application.

System details: NetWeaver 2004s. ADS support pack 16.

The Adobe Livecycle Designer version: 7.1.3129.1.296948

The Adobe Reader version: 8.1

The SAP GUI version: 710.

The Web Dynpro component is active.

The Custom Adobe Form is active and is of ZCI layout type. I also inserted the Web Dynpro Script in the layout of the form.

The Custom Form Interface is active and is of XML Schema-Based Interface type. The XML schema source is generated.

The Adobe form has been included as an InteractiveForm UI element in the MAIN view of the WD Component. The displayType property ofthe InteractiveForm UI Element has been set to "native" and enabled property of the form is checked.

I am using an Enumerated Drop-down List from Web Dynpro native library.

WDDOINIT method of the view controller is being used to populate the values in an internal table from KNA1 table and the internal tables values are bound to the context node using BIND_TABLE.

The DD List is bound to the context element using Dynamic Properties in the Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

When the application is run, the form is displayed in the browser, but the drop down list is not populated.

I am not sure if the internal table is getting passed to the context node.

Please let me know what is missing.

Thanks and Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm afraid that the DDLB in the Adobe Form processing doesn't work like you are trying. What you are trying to do is more like a DropDownByIndex - in which you bind to a context node for the allowed values. The DDLB in the Adobe Form works like a DropDownByKey. From the online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/fb2fe500553ee4e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

The values of the EnumeratedDropDownList are taken from the VALUE_SET of the bound Web Dynpro attribute. If the type of the attribute is DDIC (ABAP Dictionary) and domain fixed values are defined, these are shown. You can also program the VALUE_SET to fill with values at runtime.

To use a VALUE_SET, see this text:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/bb/69b441b0133531e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

With this kind of binding, the values are determined using attribute information in the node information. If the attribute type is a type from the ABAP Dictionary, then the texts are automatically retrieved from the Dictionary, which means that the respective domain values are retrieved from the Dictionary for the display. This is the default.

However, it is also possible to determine the value set yourself and to build the list dynamically (see also Fixed Values of Attributes):

IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO=>SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_SET

If the data type already has a value set, all you can do is restrict this set.

The value of the attribute is the key from the attribute info. The related text (value) is displayed. The value of the attribute changes by selection. Keys and texts (values) are specified for the value set so that the displayed value does not have to correspond to the value in the context (important for translatability). The structure of the value set thus is predefined as a collection of key-value pairs. In contrast to index binding, the UI elements bind against a context attribute and not against an attribute of a multiple node.

Answers (0)