cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down box binding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

This error pertains to the Drop Down List error when executing the WDA application.

System details: NetWeaver 2004s. ADS support pack 16.

The Adobe Livecycle Designer version: 7.1.3129.1.296948

The Adobe Reader version: 8.1

The SAP GUI version: 710.

The Web Dynpro component is active.

The Custom Adobe Form is active and is of ZCI layout type. I also inserted the Web Dynpro Script in the layout of the form.

The Custom Form Interface is active and is of XML Schema-Based Interface type. The XML schema source is generated.

The Adobe form has been included as an InteractiveForm UI element in the MAIN view of the WD Component. The displayType property ofthe InteractiveForm UI Element has been set to "native" and enabled property of the form is checked.

I am using an Enumerated Drop-down List from Web Dynpro native library.

WDDOINIT method of the view controller is being used to populate the values in an internal table from KNA1 table and the internal tables values are bound to the context node using BIND_TABLE.

The DD List is bound to the context element using Dynamic Properties in

the Adobe LiveCycle Designer. I read that we have to use the SOM expression in the binding. How to obtain this SOM expression?

When the application is run, the form is displayed in the browser, but the drop down list is not populated.

Is there any scripting to be done to bind the values to drop down box. I believe that the WDDOINIT code and binding in Designer using Dynamic Properties under Object Palette should be enough.

Please let me know what is missing.

Thanks and Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under the binding tab in Object Palette, please change the code as below:

Click on the 'Specify Item Values' and you will see the following in the items field $record.sap-vhlist.REPLACE_THIS.item[*]

Replace it with: $record.sap-vhlist.<Node Structure>.item[*]

Replace the REPLACE_THIS with the context Node structure.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

I have already tried replacing the REPLACE_THIS with context node structure but does not work.

Please let me know if i can send you the screenshots of the context structure and the binding in the form designer.

Thanks and Regards.

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you checked my blog at:

This worked for me.

Best regards,

Dezso

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member