cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Our requirement is to change the PO doc type and number range based on custom logic before sending the PO to backend in SRM5.0 classic scenario. By using BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW, we assigned different PO doc type. But not able to assign different PO number range for that PO doc type.

Can anyone please tell me how to assign number range in the BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW?

Thanks in advance,

Jagadish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. BADI BBP_BS_GROUP_BE method GET_NUMBER_OR_RANGE should so it.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

Thanks for your response!

We tried GET_NUMBER_OR_RANGE by assigning different number range. But when the follow-on doc is created in backend, system always picks the number range from the config "Define number range per nackend follow-on doc...".

Can you please elaborate how to assign new number range in the BADI. An example code will be great.

Regards,

Jagadish

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Not sure whether you have resolved your problem or not but for us, we used the method GET_NUMBER_OR_RANGE and assigned the number range accordingly to the criteria we want, e.g.

DATA is_item TYPE bbp_pds_transfer_item.

LOOP AT is_object-items INTO ls_item WHERE del_ind IS INITIAL.

IF ls_item-itm_typ = 'LIMI'.

cv_number_range = 'L1'.

EXIT.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

Also, note that you may have to update the document type if you are using a different document type in the backend. Use method GROUP_PO_BACKEND and update field be_doc_type in this case.

At the moment, I have an issue with the document type not being reflected correctly in the shopping cart table. However, the PO is created with the correct document type.

Note that I am using Classic scenario here.

Regards

SF