Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File adapter - FTPEx: 550 Permission denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are getting the following error from a File receiver comm. channel:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection AFW failed, due to: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 Permission denied to "inbound"..

The FTP connection is anonymous so anyone (within our network) can login on this server, folder rights are also set to all i.e. anonymous user can create, read, delete files on the target folder.

I have tested to the target folder using IE browser, I was able to logon the server, read, create and delete files.

Has anyone of you an idea why the adapter engine still cannot create a file?

Regards,

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Take a look at this thread

/thread/34024 [original link is broken]

Hope this helps u!

cheers ,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Roberto,

>

> Take a look at this thread

>

> /thread/34024 [original link is broken]

>

> Hope this helps u!

>

> cheers ,

>

> Prashanth

Hi thanks but this error is different than the error we are getting from XI.

Any other helpful ideas?

Thanks,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Pls do check whether the FTP folder which you are trying to access is having necessary privileges for XIADM user which tries to write the file thru receiver file adapter. It should be done at the OS level of the FTP server. This should resolve the problem.

Cheers

JK

PS: Award points if this helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Roberto,

> Pls do check whether the FTP folder which you are

> are trying to access is having necessary privileges

> for XIADM user which tries to write the file thru

> receiver file adapter. It should be done at the OS

> level of the FTP server. This should resolve the

> problem.

>

> Cheers

> JK

>

> PS: Award points if this helps you

FTP server allows anonymous connections, so this is obiously not the problem. See below:

<i>The FTP connection is anonymous so anyone (within our network) can login on this server, folder rights are also set to all i.e. anonymous user can create, read, delete files on the target folder.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

'Anonymous' is a default user that exists in Unix layer. But for this user also you need to provide the file write/read/delete permissions into the folder. Then only you can write a file evenif you are using 'Anonymous' User.

Cheers

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi Roberto,

> 'Anonymous' is a default user that exists in Unix

> nix layer. But for this user also you need to provide

> the file write/read/delete permissions into the

> folder. Then only you can write a file evenif you are

> using 'Anonymous' User.

>

> Cheers

> JK

Hi there,

As explained before; we have tested the same FTP connection (using the same anonymous account) via a DOS session and also via IE (from the XI server), both tests were successful and we were able to create/delete files without any problem.

So again, the problem is only with the File/FTP adapter which for some unexplained reason cannot get access to this folder.

Are there any special (not mentioned in the SAP documentation?) prerequisites to establish a FTP connection using the file adapter?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks, Roberto

BTW; we are on SP14 and the XI server runs under a Windows Server machine.

Message was edited by: Roberto Viana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to switch from passive to active mode.

This is only since SP15.

DE

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

what you can do is this:

- try logging into your XI server

- try opening FTP session from there (from the XI server)

this way you'll be sure that your XI server has access to the FTP server that you're trying to use

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I have done that (connecting from the XI server at OS level) and we are able to connect and put/delete files from the FTP folder. So I start to think that the problem is within SAP XI, in the J2EE engine to be more specific.

Looking at the trace file of the J2EE engine I can see multiple logs with the following text:

<b>message: 'ashost' is missing

RFC_INVALID_PARAMETER (19)

Error Group 101 Key: RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM</b>

I don't see any logical relationship with the FTP error Im getting but it seems that somewhere XI is missing some parameter. Any ideas?

Thanks!