cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Adobe Forms for printing through portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've got a problem with the fact that I do not know exactly how to use the Adobe Forms from the portal.

I've got the Form Objects done (Interface & Form using SE80) and they work OK when testing the form. The Interface gathers all the datas etc. and the form displays this correctly.

My problem now is that I need to have this form available from the portal, and this I presume needs some WebDynPro stuff or something else? I'm totally lost on this part ...

The customer wants to have a button or link in the portal that opens a new window with the produced PDF opened in the new window, much like opening a static PDF file. The user then has the option to print the PDF him/herself using Adobe Readers own print mechanism.

My interface has only one Import parameter (PERNR number) and one EXPORT parameter (default). The PERNR number must be supplied to the interface so that it can gather all the needed data based on this number.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated and rewarded accordingly.

Thankyou in advance,

Kim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a basic question regarding interactive forms.

Once i design an interactive form, how can i see the form output, something like print preview.

AS we have locl or lp01 print devices, how and where exactly do we need to configure these devices to see the pdf print preview.

I do understand its a basic question, it will be great if you can respond to this question.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

from a forms point of view:

(I assume you have the ADS up and running on the Java stack. Without it, the form generation doesn't work.)

If you create your form in transaction SFP and execute the corresponding program that calls the form for testing in SE38, you get to the print dialogue. Here you may choose either locl or lp01 (or any other printer accessible through your network) and then select Print Preview. This should then display the PDF in SAP GUI.

If you are asking about general printer setup within SAP, check the corresponding documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d9/4a8eb751ea11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim

One way is it to design the form within Java Web Dynpro itself using the Adobe LiveCycle designer embedded within Netweaver Developer studio. The form can display data from backend R/3 leveraging the Web dynpro runtime.

Check the section using Adobe PDF forms https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/webdynpro?rid=/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-d....

(Web Dynpro applications can be exposed through the Portal as iViews)

There is also a way by which forms developed in ABAP can be exposed through Java Web Dynpro through the ICF. Eg: ESS and MSS scenarios , but I just beginning to explore those aspects

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Pran for your answer.

The reason we chose to do the forms in ABAP was that some of the users will be using the SAPGUI and they too must be able to print the same forms as the portal users.

It is not an option to recreate the forms in webdynpro again, since any changes made to the forms must then be made in both forms (as far as I understand anyway).

Can you please elaborate on the ICF issue a little more when you have explored it? I'd be interested in learing about all the options I have.

Thankyou,

Kim Sandell

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Pran is referring to is the Interactive Forms integration into Internet Service Request (ISR), a framework in ERP, which stems from the R/3 days and brings forms and workflow together. The forms are used interactively. The ISR customizing (e.g. data retrieval) is done in ABAP transactions, the runtime as of ERP 2004 is Web Dynpro for Java. Manager and Employee Self-Services use the ISR for their Portal-based workflows (MSS with PDF forms: Personnel Change Requests).

Check the Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/isr and /mss, especially the section on Documentation (PCR configuration).

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Markus,

Do you have any idea if there is another way to access the forms from the portal using WebDynpro or some other means ?

Regards,

Kim