cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure xMII data server to connect to a named SQL instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to configure xMII 11.5 data server to connect to a SQL 2000 named instance.

I have SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 installed in the same server. SQL 2005 was installed first and hence 2000 needs to be referenced via a named instance.

Based on documentation from i-net software I've tried the following:

1. jdbc:inetdae7:<servername>/<instancename>?database=dbname

data server configuration page hangs, and it wont work again. (looks like " / " is causing the the data server configuration pane not to work).

2. jdbc:inetdae:<servername>:1434?database=dbname&sql7=true

we have set the port for the sql server instance to 1434.

Please can anyone give me some advice on how can I configure xMII to point to my database on SQL server 2000?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the general logs to see what errors are being thrown?

Have you tried: jdbc:inetdae:<host>\<instance>:1434?database=dbname&sql7=true (notice the backslash)

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy, thanks for the reply.

I tried your stirng and the result was the same: the data server option is hanging....

and this is the message from the general log: Enabling server sql_db

It keeps in enabling and never change.

Any ideas of what's happening?

Thanks,

Eduardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just curious as to whether a resolution was ever found for this? We are having exactly the same problem. We had a connection that was working fine but the database is being moved to another server. When we change the server name in the connection string and tried to enable the connection, any task that required server information would hang up. We have to reboot the xMII server to clear things up. Here's our string -- the server name changed from ntsql06 to ntsql05: jdbc:inetdae:ntsql05\CRM:1433?database=Forecast&sql7=true

Any help would be much appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our situation was a little different. We have installed SQL2000 & SQL2005 on the same box.

SQL2005 is default and SQL2000 has a named instance. The solution was to assign static port in both SQL2000 & SQL2005. The server url will be the same except for the port number. There's no need to indicate the name of the instance.

You can assign port number to each of the instances and refer to it in the server url in the data server configuration.

Hope this help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That makes sense. We think our problem may actually be due to some missing patches on the target server. Thanks for your reply!