cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM ABAP API Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can i check MDM ABAP API Connection from my R\3 System.

Also i am getting the error for the language. How can i solve it.

Regards

Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can i check MDM ABAP API Connection from my R\3 System.

You need to run your Tracing report using HowTo_07.pdf to find out connection to your MDM Server is estabilishing Properly or not. it helps you finding more clear info about your error.

In this report you have to change one Parameter logical object name which you have given in transaction MDMAPIC.

Also i am getting the error for the language. How can i solve it. check have you pass this Parameters correctly:

DATA ls_language TYPE mdm_cdt_language_code.

ls_language-language = 'eng'.

ls_language-country = 'US'.

ls_language-region = 'USA'.

lr_api->mo_accessor->connect( ls_language ).

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devenderpal,

ABAP API's require some configuration on the R3 side in the transaction - MDMAPIC.

Please follow the link below for understanding the full concept.

ABAP API for SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management - Webinar Replay :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00dd47bd-f2f1-2910-5eab-e9ca5246...

You will find the sample program in the link above which you can use to establish a connection between R3 and MDM.

2) Also, you require User Mapping to be done. In this, the User name in should be in Upper Case in MDM user table as in R3 everything is understood in Upper case. Might be because of the User Maping problem, you are not able to establish the connection.

3) For the language problem, there a parameter in the program which you will have to mention( please refer the link above). You will have to mention the langauge there.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos