cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic email group of addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I need to map in the 'To' field of an email a group of email addresses and I would like to hear some suggestions about it, I've already implemented the dynamic email address with the email 3.0 strcuture but now I need to define a group of users as in example if I define for some interface Group1 I need to have stored all the email addresses for that group somewhere so in the mapping I can concatenate those addresses to map them in the field 'To', I've never used value mapping before and I don't know if this could help me, any suggestions????; i'm thinking on maybe have a Z user table in the ABAP Instance so I can query for a group what addresses I need to send the email, but I don't know if there's a better way to do this without having to generate a Z table, thanks in advance.

regards,

Julio Cesar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I think it should RFC lookup, could you tell me more about it please.

regards,

julio cesar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do a RFC lookup from your mapping by calling the RFC function module. Once you get the group of email address from Z table , you can map it to the To field and can send email to the group of users.

For more information on how to use RFC lookup From a udf, refer to the link below.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

Thanks

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the no. of entries are more...then go for RFC lookup.

And if they are in minimum no. then go for VM.

thanks

Farooq