cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Expert - Single Role Generates; Derived Role Does Not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When generating roles from ERM to the back-end ECC system, I am unable to generate any child derived roles, even while master single roles are generating. I have no Org values mapped and the process is Definition > Auth > Risk Analysis > Testing > Approval > Generation - all of the other steps complete appropriately and it appears as though the derived role(s) should generate. During the generation step, I encounter an error message of "Unable to generate [name of derived role] u2013 Role Name/Role Type missing" but upon review of the derived role, there is a role name and a role type populated.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Is there a setting or authorization in the RFC that I am missing?

Thanks for any help!

Joy

Edited by: Joy Kay on Sep 2, 2008 7:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joy,

Please let me know GRC Version.As for 5.2 version , yes its a problem where if master role does not contain any org element then u cannot create derived roles.

Role not having Org element would most probably be BASIS Roles.So if u plan to upload Basis Roles then think of different nominclature.which would help u to bifercate while analysing the roles.

Eager to know whether solution helped u or not.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thank you for your messages. To resolve this issue, we actually had to update our back-end RTAs to the latest support packs. Unfortunately, we discovered from SAP that derived roles can only be generated in systems with the HR-RTA installed. They are working on correcting this issue in the next release.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joy,

To elaborate more, we should generate Master role from child roles, always. be it using RE or directly through the backend.

Thus, first update each of the child roles individually, by opening them in the change mode one by one (this is because while creating child roles in a master from RE, you do not have any TAB defined where you can put the org levels for ech of the child roles). Then when you are done, open the Master role now in the change mode and Generate it again. This will update and generate each of the child roles for that master.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fill the org. level value in child roles, then generate master roles.Child roles will get automatically generated.

Regards,

Digambar