cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMWare Netweaver 70 Java & Abap, Java SAP MMC Password ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i am running the VMWare Edition, and copied the Java MMC out of the Linux box into a windows box...

If i start the MMC and connect to the running Instanze in the VMware container everithing looks fine green...

But if i want to restart a component e.g. the J2EE Server than it prompts for a user and password, i tried all, J2EE_ADMIN, SAP*, DDIC, root, windows user, separated by machine name, e.g. n4shost\root with password sapn43adm or sap123 nothing works...

Anyone an idea which password it can be ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand correctly, your sap system is running on Linux and you want to monitor/start/stop it using sap mmc from windows machine. Whenever you try to start or stop, it is asking user name and password.

If above is your problem i ask you to configure samba server and syncrhonize sidadm password with samba. then you should able to start/stop sap from windows.

Thanks,

Kiran.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A reason can be the password encryption algorithm. I don't know how the original system was configured initially. What's configured in /etc/default/passwd? If this is not DES or MD5 it won't work.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Content of /ect/default/passwd:

CRYPT=des

CRYPT_FILES=blowfish

BLOWFISH_CRYPT_FILES=10

CRYPT_YP=yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have the same problem, passwords provided from SAP in Document "Getting Started". I am using "SAP NetWeaver 7.0 - Java and ABAP Trial Version on Linux - VMware Edition".

Any suggestions would be great.