cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching language's in Integrated ITS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the process in intergrated ITS to hand different language text? In our old standalone system we had two text files, one for english and one for spanish. How does integrated ITS support this since both text files use the same identifiers?

Currently all I have in the theme's parameters is the english text, but can't put the spanish text in there since the identifiers used for the text are the same as the english version.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello VatHB,

I believe the files you are referring to are the language resource files, also known as .htrc files. This are still available on the Integrated ITS. You can view it by going to SE80 and then double clicking on the Theme or Topic name for the Internet Service that has a language resource file. NOTE, you can only view the language resource file for the language that you logged on as. So if you want to see or edit the Spanish version you will need to logon on in Spanish (ES).

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, when I logged in and went to se80 > my service > theme and double clicked the theme to bring up the parameters, it has some sort of pop up. Not sure what it said since it was spanish. I managed to click the 1st button and now I can't get that pop up anymore but I do get some message on the bottom.

How do I get that pop up again?

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello VatHB,

Not sure what the popup was for. Maybe if you logoff and logon in English to see if you get a popup now? What does the message on the messageline say?

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what the mesasge line says translated from spanish to english.

Attention: English masterful language (IN), Spanish language of visualization (IT IS).

The object of development to visualize has a masterful language different from the work language. The texts that do not exist in the work language will be visualized in the masterful language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, we got it back to where we could modify the language as Spanish but for some reason our websites isn't aren't picking them up.

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you publish the Internet Service to the Integrated ITS after making the changes? Try flushing the cache in SITSPMON?

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Edgar, I ment to delete my previous post since we did get it working.

Thanks...

Answers (0)