cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to ask which transaction is used to create credit memo in SD in case of bad quality stocks for return.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have successfully created the Credit Memo in VA01 and then reference a billing document with document type G2 (credit memo) in the transaction VF01. This is where the new problem comes, when I tried to release the billing to accounting, it prompts me a message saying "an accounting document is not required for this billing document". I want to ask what can I do to create the accounting document.

Thanks.

Edited by: jamison2004 jordan2004 on Aug 25, 2008 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Incase of Return Sales Order:

T.Code for copy control: VTAF

Source Document: F2

Target Document: RE

Item category REN

Considering the above settings are done:

Create return sales order RE (with Reference to Billing Document) & the data will be copied as it is in Return Sales Order - RE. For Eg: here you require to change to quantity from 10 to 2, as you want to take back into Inventory of only 2.

Incase of Return Delivery:

T.Code for copy control: VTLA

Source Document: RE

Target Document: LR

Item category REN

Considering the above settings are done:

Create Return Delivery through T.Code VL01N & do PGR (Post Goods Receipt). This will add the stock to blocked stock. This will take care of Inventory.

To address the issue of how to take Credit for Excise, use T.Code: J1IH --> other Adjustment & based on the credit to be taken, make the necessary entry.

Incase of Credit Memo:

T.Code for copy control: VTFA

Source Document: RE

Target Document: Credit Memo

Item category G2N (Check in System)

First in VA02, remove the Billing Block in Return Sales Order - RE & save the document. Now in T.Code: VF01, enter Return Sales Order Number & select the appropriate Billing Type (Credit Memo) & Enter& Save. This will create Credit Memo.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No it will not reduce the value of invoice. But it will create a separate invoice like credit memo which will be issued to customer. This document will show how much amount should be paid to customer because goods returned due to bad quality. It will reduce the open items of customer and decreases the account recievables amount from customer.

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to create credit memo request in VA01 transaction code and sales document type is G2(CR), With respect to this credit memo request you will create credit memo (Invoice document) in VF01 transaction code and with document type G2.

Same document flow for Debit memo as well but with sales document type as L2(DR) and Invoice document type as L2.

Thank you

ANil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but will this correspondingly reduce the value in the Billing document, I mean the invoice..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can create a credit memo request with transaction VA01 and order type CR, and credit memo can be created with reference to the credit memo request with transaction VF01 and document type is G2.

If you are asking only about credit memo, then the transaction is VF01 and document type is G2.

Prase

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

same VA01.select order type accordingly