cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output by email

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

now, I can make the SO output as PDF and attach it in email. However, i want to copy the content in email content, not as a attachement. How can i do it. pls advice.

Can it be done by program? if yes, pl provide more detial. thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Why do want a document to come into the body of the mail?

It will be easier if we send it as an attachment. Coz in reality the prog will take the form layout & download it into a PDF format.

E-mail trigger itself is not the standard SAP format of communication. So to acheive that you need to define the E-mail as a Communication strategy.

Then you need to mainatain condition records for the O/p.

In the O/p control prog, you need to define the conditions under which it should trigger the E-mail.

If your requirement is to show the O/p in the body of the mail itself, ask your ABAPer to make it possible.

But what is advisible is it will be easier for the person who reads the mail to go to the attachment & see the O/p.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pls provide more detail. Also what is O/P?thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

There is no standard SAP O/p type to fulfill mail O/p.

1.You need to define the customized O/p type, assign it to the determination procedure which is assigned to your delivery.

2. Define the O/p control prog with the help of ABAPer or see if it is posihble using any existing prog

3. Mainatain condition records.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need a separate program and SAP Script in order to send out the SO confirmation as body of email.

Please sit with your ABAP colleagues and figure out the method. Usually a user exit or a BTE (Business Transaction Event) which they will customise to pick up partner functions and other details.

Hope this is useful..

Edited by: Sowmya Mohan on Aug 22, 2008 12:05 PM