cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Approaches for Moving DEV to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one tell me..how to move our XI objects from DEV to QA.

This is the first project we are woking on XI, so we dont have much idea about moving objects from DEV to QA in SAP or XI.

Right now we have setup one QA box for XI one SLD ,so now we ready to move the objects..!

I'm looking all weblogs and forms for trying to pick best approach.!So you guys have any other stuff or step by step approaches, please send it to me .. that would be great help for me , and also let me know 'cares and donot(s)' before moving objects from DEV to QA .

Thanks in Advance.

Regards..

Rambarki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki,

Have a look at youvaraj's blogs..these give good information on XI transports...

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Anand,

Appreciated for quick response.

Need more info..

Regards

Rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki,

You can either go for file based transport or CMS. CMS requirers additional installation and configuration but has some adavantages in terms of tracking your transports. Th blogs in my previous post give good information on the same. Have a look at this document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.highlightedcontent?documenturi=...basedTransportinXI.doc

If you are planning to go for File based transport . links below should help you.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

For CMS you can refer these how to guides...

https://websmp104n.sap-ag.de/nw04 -> SAP NetWeaver 2004 - Release-Specific Information -> How-to Guides -> Exchange Infrastructre

1. How ToTransport XI Content Using CMS

2. SAP XI 3.0 - Using CMS for SAP XI 3.0

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

its a really great help for me ..i dont have much idea about file based and CMS based transportations..i'll gothrough ..still some development issues going on..that s the reason i couldn't spend time for read all these./...

thank you once again..rambarki