cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter on Table UI Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi am trying to implement the table filter for my webdynpro component based up on the inputs from the SDN posting:

[Link To SDN Post|;

I have 2 context nodes:TABLE_NODE & FILTER. The 1st node is based on the dictionary structure MARA and have defined a few attributes from MARA. The 2nd node has just 1 attribute MATNR and is meant for binding to the filterValue property of the table column MATNR. On execution I get a shortdump with the message as:

Context binding for property FILTER_VALUE of "TABLE_ELEMENT_MATNR" cannot be resolved: Node MAIN.1.FILTER does not contain any elements

I tried specifying a default MATNR value for the MATNR attribute of FILTER node but it didnt help. Anyone help suggest me as to where am going wrong.

Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi uday,

Map the filter attributes under filter node.

and then bind the node or arrribute based on the requirement.

Regards,

Ranjith C.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I realised that the attribute MATNR under FILTER wasn't having any values. So I populated all MATNR values into an internal table and binded it to that node using bind_table. Now the shortdump which was occuring earlier has disappeared but I have a new query. In the [SDN Post|; the user "Guest" had said, "If the value set is assigned to the attribute, a drop-down box is provide instead of an input field." But I still am left with the same input field displaying the 1st MATNR value of my internal table." Is this the normal behaviour? If yes then how can I get the drop-down to be displayed in the filter field with the MATNR values that I had binded to.

Thanks,

Uday