cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inbound channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can any one say me wat is inbound channel and what is out bound channel?plz make me clear.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We designe various interfaces in XI. So it will be either Outbound or Inbound or

abstract (for BPM)

Outbound Channel --> Outbound interfaces will be the Interfaces created for sender system and the corresponding Sender Communication channel.

And

Inbound Channel --> Inbound Interfaces are for Receiver system

From Sender system perception it will be sending request outside the Sender system --thus in XI it presented as Outbound side

From Receiver system perception ---> Receives the data from XI ...so some data is comming in. thus its treated as Inbound side.

I hope this will clarify. it just the perception of message flow from sender system to receiver system.

thanks

Swarup

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sender system-|-->XI

|----->receiver system

outbound inbound

interface interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

inbound channel is the one that tells how to process the xml received from integration engine into the format of target (receiver) system. hence it posts data to receiver system

outbound channel is the one that identifies how the message coming from source (sender) system is to be converted into xml to be processed by IE. it takes data from sender system.

plz note: only in case of a mention of integration engine i.e within integration engine-- receiver side is referred to as outbound while sender side is referred to as inbound. (that is the opposite of what is explained above)

thanks,

latika.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The adapter at the inbound channel is located before the Integration Engine pipeline and calls this pipeline. The adapter at the outbound channel is called by the pipeline, and can therefore be regarded as part of the pipeline. It requires a corresponding communication channel from the technical routing for each logical receiver.

Refer This link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/79973cc73af456e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

for eg in case of file - to file sceanrio.

inbound channel is a one which receives the file(tgt).

outbound channel is a one which sends the file(src).