cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM and SRM installation on 1 Server??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question for a new SAP SRM implementation with MDM. Is it possible to put them both on one server or is this not recommendable? And what are the (dis)advantages?

Thanks for your replies!

Regards,

Roel van Loon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not recommended to put MDMCatalog and other MDM scenarios in same Installation.Reason is that they have different Patch levels at which they are thoroughly tested by SAP and SAP wont support in case there is an issue.MDM catalog come packaged with a different version of components and as a separate software which has been tested together.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reol,

In addition,

Is it possible to install them both on one server or is this not recommendable?

Yes, it is possible to install them both on one server.

But it is recommandable to install both seperately.

Split Database, MDM Server and J2EE to make sure they do not have negative impact by sharing resources.

And what are the (dis)advantages?

Yes, there are some advantages to do so in terms of performance of the whole scenario.

You can refer the SAP Note- 1138862 - SRM-MDM Catalog Performance. it will definately clear your doubt.

If you need any further help, Kindly update us.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

Follow the links may be they lead you to your solution:

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

I think it should be feasible, though you will need lots of RAM. I do not know anything about SRM but I suppose you want to use MDM in the SRM-MDM scenario. Then you'll need the Web Application Server for the UI, the MDM Server and, maybe, the import server, the database and SRM components. I think my last client had all that on one machine, but they had only about 10000 records (with low-res images) and no import server. If you have more records or use the import server, I would recommend to use more machines. Anyway, be generous with RAM.

Christian