cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM LT01 Source BIN# not FIFO on Good-Receipt-Date, instead on QUANT# ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Encounterd a strange FIFO logic when doing LT01, the PICKING sequence is based on QUANT# instead of the Good-Receipt-Date.

Could anyone please help to advise how to fix the problem ?

PS : YOu may have to give more detail advice as I am not very good in WM.

I could provide details if required.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP determines not on quant number, it uses the last addn to stock date in table LQUA (field ZDATU)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cannot be Last-Addition-Date as the QUANT table has many BLANK-Dates & non-BLANK-Date Last-Addition dates that I can see clearing PICKING is not based on that.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/c6/f845874afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Strategy F: FIFO (First In, First Out)

Use

With this picking strategy the system proposes the oldest quant in the storage type as the quant that should be transferred.

The system generally calculates the "age" (length of time in storage) of a quant on the basis of the goods receipt posting date from the Inventory Management (IM) application component. The system automatically sets the goods receipt date in the quant and in the transfer requirement for every goods receipt posting in IM. When the transfer order is created, this date is copied over to the quant record of the destination storage bin.

You can accept the goods receipt date that the system sets or you can enter a different date. Regardless of whether the system proposes the goods receipt date or you enter a different date, the date is used to calculate the age of the quant. This date influences the sorting sequence for each material.

Prerequisites

When you define the storage type record to use this strategy, enter f in the Picking strategy field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note from the SAP Library has been considered as mentioned in QUESTION ; FIFO "F"; but still by QUANT# . Anyone has experience in this ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP does not use the quant number for FIFO. Maybe it was programmed in a user exit.

I recommend to read OSS note 394605 - Shelf life expiration date and batches in the warehouse

it tells you something about FIFO.