cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consinment betwn 2 co.codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want consignement sales process between 2 company codes.

i.e. the client is having 2 company codes and goods are manufactured in 1 co.code

and then they are transffered to the other co.code as an consignment process.

Can this be done through std. SAP what are the necessary costomization involved in the same.

I know the SAP consignment process

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Consider this: You have plant A in company code XX01 & plant B in YY01.

In your case plant B sends the goods to customer. If he pays Plant B, then you need to maintain it as Inter Company Sale.

If the customer pays plant A, then you can do standard Consignment sale. In that case you will have to define Plant B as the consignee & then give it in Ship-to in KB order.

Like mentioned as long as accountin is done in Plant A company code XX01, you can mainatin as Consignment process.

If customer is paying Plant B, then its Intercompany sale.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

also there is like when goods goto Plant B from Plant A through consignment process the stocks are naturally updated as consignment stocks.

Now when the Plant B is selling goods to cusomers it should be from Consinement stocks only.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

It works like this:

Consider total stock in Plant A is 100. It sent 50 stock as consignment to Plant B

• Total stock in Plant A is 50, consignment special stock in A is 50.

Then Plant B sells the 20 goods to customer. Then,

• Total stock in A is 50, consignment special stock in A is 30

Customer returns 10 back to Plant B

• Total stock A = 50, consignment special stock in A = 40

Plant B returns the 10 back to Plant A

• Total stock A = 60, consignment special stock in A is 30.

So in reality only 10 stock is sold to end customer. He will pay Plant A only for 10.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once the goods are transferred from Plant A to B and if the sale value will be realised by Plant A, then you can go for consignment process. Otherwise, go for Inter Company Stock Transfer.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshimipathi and yes u got it right.

The sales value will be realised by the Plant A company code thats why i am going for Consignment process.

Only thing i wanna know is this same can be in SAP std.

or do i need to take care of something extra thats where i am a bit confused.

Rgds

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ultimately Who is going to pay ?? If my understanding is correct, plant B will despatch to some XYZ who will be honouring payment to Plant A directly.

If this is correct, then you can go for consignment process also.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

the process is:

From plant A in Co.Code A to Plant B in Co.Code B through consignment process.

Then from Plant B to some XYZ customer through normal sales & ultimately payment by csutomer to Plant B.

Can this scenario be done through Consignments.

Rgds & Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

When you have 2 different company ocdes, they manage the A/c'g independently of each other.

In that case how is your business going to manage the A/cs when they do consignment between 2 different codes?

To maintain the consigment sales, you need to enter the consignment party in the sold-to & ship-to. So your ship-to can be in any region (company code), you manage the A/c with respect to your company code.

So it looks like the standard SAP consignment process.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

the scenario is like this that the goods are manufactured in one company code and then they are send to the customer (which are created as "Branch offices" for the client) and these belong to a diffrenet company code.

Is this an SAP std. or is there any problem in this.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I give my comments as follows.

You can use intercompany scenario, where in goods are manufactured in a plant belonging to a co code (say A) and are shipped to customer / plant belonging to other co code.(say B)

There will be a direct billing between selling co code B to customer and intercompany biling between A and B.

Sales order is made in co code B.

Vivek