cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image not displayed in mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an image stored on content server.

The url of this image is on R/3.

I am fetching the url from r/3 in a java class ie: abstract portal component and the passing the url to jsp where I set the src attribute of an image control to that url.

This works on PC browser but not on mobile phones please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please paste the URL here - cause it could be anything.....

First it could be a problem of the format of the oicture. PCs can display PNG - I think PDA can not.

Then it could be security. A PC is inside the network - a PDA - depends on where you sync from and how it is connected.

I would try the following: paste the URL of the image directly into the browser n the PDA - have a look if this helps. If not, can you create a textfile on the server and try to show that on the PDA?

Anyway I would guess it is one of the two things I have mentioned above. Oh - can you access the J2EE startpage from your PDA?

If all this is possible, then we need to go any further, but in principal what you try to achive is not an issue.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I could not access my fst page of portal on my PDA.

When i try to access, get the following error: the support for mobile browser is not available

Can i know what is the problem and what settings needs to be done to access my portal on PDA.

Is MI mandatory to show portal on PDA?

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I could not access my fst page of portal on my PDA.

When i try to access, get the following error: the support for mobile browser is not available

Can i know what is the problem and what settings needs to be done to access my portal on PDA.

Is MI mandatory to show portal on PDA?

Regards,

Raju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as mentioned in the first answer - most likely you have an issue with the URL.

The issue here: most URLs given by R/3 content connections are internal URLs. These are working pretty fine internally. You should be able to access it as well while your PDA is connected by USB cable to the PC.

If you even have issues in that case, please check if you can access any WebPage from your browser. Most likely there you already have the issue. You need to tell ActiveSync that your PDA is allowed to browse the web.

If that works and you get the image while connected by USB cable - and the issue still exists by GPRS, then your URL is - as mentioned above - an internal one. In that case translate the internal URL to its relevant IP address or maintain the HOSTS file on the server. You need a tool to maintain PDAS host file, so I would say translating the URL in your app to an IP address is the better solution.

After that it should work fine.

If not, pease feel free to ask again, but post the URL as mentioned earlier - cause without it, its pretty much like digging in the dirt.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnx or your valuable response.

But i still have some confusions with your reply.

From my PDA, i can access other web sites as well as internal sites without any IP address issue. It is working fine with WIFi also.

Can i know what tool is required for maintaining PDAS hosts file.

Can you plz elaborate on this, so that i can implement it here.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

okay, if you can access the pages with your URL, then you do not need the host file or the IP translation!

But can you use the URL in the browser of the PDA to display your image?

Are you using WinCE device? In that case - have you heared of MyMobiler - makes testing much more easy, cause you control the PDA with your PC keyboard and copy/paste works fine

Regard,s

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

I could not access my fst page(login page) of portal on my PDA(iPhone - safari).

When i try to access, i get the following error: the support for mobile browser is not available

But i can access all other sites from my PDA except Portal.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

well, that is right. If you call a portal page, is asks for the browser type and the machine. This information in delivered in the header of each HTML message. Then it tries to send back the correct page for that device. You Portal page does not have the correct settings. I know there had been a few tasks around that topic last year here in that forum - but I would guess you could get more out of the portals area if you head into that direction.

It is more that the WD/Portal page has to deliver the correct content - instead of telling the brwoser, that it can not handle this request.

Hope this helps to get any further.

Regards,

Oliver