cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual administrator not connecting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have XI 3.0 system . I am not able to connect using Visual admin.It is getting stuck at 99% of defualt connection at 50304 port in localhost.

Please help urgently.

We are stuck here

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try with port 50004

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Our instance number is 03

So it should it not connect using 50304 port for visual admin?

Thanks

Biswajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

after getting stucked up during connection did it show any error message ?

otherwise if want to change the password of j2ee_admin

check the replies in this thread

if user authentication is failed,check this thread with same issue

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked in ABAP side to confirm J2EE_ADMIN is not locked

The password is the same as used earlier in connecting with Visual admin.

Our server name is drdev-db1.

The Admin scrren is stcuk at 99 % of connection stage with message"Connecting to drdev-db1" shown below.

Thanks

Biswajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi biswajit

check this thread (some what lengthy) with the similar issue...

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried connecting to visual admin using SAP* but stuck at same stage so i reverted to the initial stage.

While connecting to VAdmin i see java.lang.ExceptionIn InitializerError .

Which other log file to look into ?

Thanks

Biswajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error log in /usr/sap/XD1/DVEBMGS03/j2ee/admin/log/console_logs shows the following:

1. log generation timestamp : 2008_08_22_at_09_24_11

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getClassLoader(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:492)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBroker.narrow(P4ObjectBroker.java:537)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBroker.narrow(P4ObjectBroker.java:480)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.RemoteLoginContext.<init>(RemoteLoginContext.java:58)

at com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask.connectAction(LoginTask.java:96)

at com.sap.engine.services.adminadapter.gui.tasks.LoginTask.run(LoginTask.java:79)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.classload.ClassLoaderContext.prepareClassCache(ClassLoaderContext.java:238)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.classload.ClassLoaderContext.<clinit>(ClassLoaderContext.java:197)

... 7 more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, check if the server you are trying to connect is up and running.

Then check the port parameters you are using. for example if your port of Xi is 50000, then you will have to use 50004. Also check your roles. You should be having SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role. This should solve it. If this doesn't help, please let us know.

Plz check URL. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a2/f9d7fed2adc340ab462ae159d19509/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/71/540c404a435509e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had connected earlier using the same port and password of J2EE_ADMIN.The roles are ok in ABAP side .Checked it

Where else should i look for information?

Thanks

Biswajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup

I had already reconciled the user master record but this did not have any change .

Thanks

Biswajit