cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X64 java 1.4.2_18 for SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basis. I'm install yesterday new SR3 Netweaver AS JAVA (Portal+BI).

On installation stage I have faced a problem....

OS are Windows x64 -->

System Model: PowerEdge 2950

System Type: x64-based PC

Processor(s): 8 Processor(s) Installed.

EM64T Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel

First i'm download and install J2SE per note Note 941595 - Download J2SE 1.4.2 for the x64 platform

Java SE Development Kit 1.4.2_18 x64 SAP .

On installation stage "Install software units" 32 of 43 -->

installation hangs with message :

"Begin of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application)"

no errors no other logs , and in sapinst_instdir no files are changed on 3-4 hours ......

I have formatted system, and try NEW installation, install same version of J2SE -->

on this time , installation stops on stage "start java application" , but jcontrol.exe are shutdown after start, from log i'm find the error comes from J2SE, uninstall 1.4.2_18 and install 1.4.2_13 -->

after this installation has proceeded and has ended without errors.

Somebody observed same?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right buddy ...

We had few problems with Java 1.4.2.18 for 64 Bit Windows. 1.4.2.13 works fine.

Right now I don't remember the note number but SAP specified to use 1.4.2.13 rather than 1.4.2.18.

Cheers!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Yes

You can find the information in SAP note 716604

Note 716604 - Access to Sun J2SE and recommended J2SE options

"part of the note:"

Important note:

With 1.4.2_18 we are currently having massive stack overflow problems on Windows x86 (64bit) with our default parameter set. The issue is still under investigation. Additionally we have a performance regression with Java Systemcopy on 1.4.2_18.

Until further notice please don't use 1.4.2_18.

In the meantime SUN has made available 1.4.2_17 for Windows x86 (64bit) and Solaris x86 (64Bit) for download. Please see note 941595.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Probably it is necessary to read all 10000000 notes ,befor all are good )

Dear SAP , really so it is difficult to add in

"Note 941595 - Download J2SE 1.4.2 for the x64 platform" this : -->

" Important note :" about 1.4.2_18 , or directly on SUN page (small info on page)

Regards.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Most important thing is using the right keywords.

I used 1.4.2_18 in service marketplace and I got right up till the correct note, I only had 3 notes or something as a result of the search. I do know sometimes it's not easy to find the note you are looking for but try different keywords and especially read up on notes concerning these java releases when doing installations etc.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the problem is found out (in J2SE) you can find with search, and me to sutuation not in this ... but before installation, and on first installation i can't find any error about J2SE ....

In any casy, it not problem to add this information to Note 941595, or directly on SUN page, untill solution are not finding. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently installing CRM 2007 on Windows 2003 X86 64 bit and had exactly the same trouble.

First I installed a 32 bit JDK because that was the only one available on SUN site.

R3inst runs with it and when trying to install J2EE, R3inst told me that I needed a 64 bit JDK !

With no reference to the OSS note...

I found the OSS note and downloaded JDK 1.4.2_18 from the "special SAP" URL and now my J2EE engine is completely unstable and R3inst is not able to deploy the Java components.

So I guess I have to downgrade the JDK to 1.4.2_17... Did you use this release ?

I agree that this problem is very badly documented and that SAP has a lot of improvements to do on documentation....

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Oliver, i'm allready have in enterprise the x64 bit on 1.4.2_13 version, (SOLUTION MANAGER system) it works fine, On it , i downgrade to same 1.4.2_13 release , do not check 1.4.2_17 version ....

Per note Note 716604 - Access to Sun J2SE and recommended J2SE options (As Mr. Tom find) you can read about

" With 1.4.2_14 - 1.4.2_17 you get an exception using Kerberos authentication with WebAS Java (see note 1057474). The problem is solved with 1.4.2_18. But because of the issue above it's less risky to use 1.4.2_13 (at least you should not use 1.4.2_18 on Windows x86 (64bit)."

Very strange situation ... ))

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergo,

Where do you get release 1.4.2_13 for x86_64 ? it is not available on

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/SAPsite/download.html

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have recently installed stand alone EP system on x64 os.

java 1.4.2_17 Version work fine.

Yap olivier 13 version is not available even i searched for the same.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my situation, this version was already downloaded earlier . . . Try to google ....

Hmm

Check this link

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDeta...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Are you use Kerberos ? Per note error comes for Kerberos. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Vamsi and Sergo,

I will try with JDK 1.4.2_17...

I can't tell my company that I install a CRM 2007 system with software downloaded on unofficial sites.

This Java installation is a mess for x86 64 bit.

I've already installed an other CRM 2007 system on a windows 2003 Itanium system and there was absolutely no problem with the JDK...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergo,

You're the man !

Thanks a lot for your link ! I was able to download JDK 1.4.2_13 from SUN web site.

This is crazy, the needed realease is available but not shown...

Now I have to try to change the JDK on a SAPINST currently on phase 36/42...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been forced already on 26 or 28 stage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here you can find jdk1.4.2_17 - 64 bits

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDeta...

Register and download

Regards Ulf Lundqvist