Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction is locked uFF0Chow I can do.

former_member338436
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,Friend.

When I use the TCD scc4 to change the client setting.The systerm tell me "Transaction SCC4 is locked (in transaction SM50)".I know the transaction can be locked by sm01.but now the scc4 is not locked in sm01.can you help me ?

thanks

best regards.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Starnge problem,

if you find the solution let us know also.

Regards

Subhash

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When I use the TCD scc4 to change the client setting.The systerm tell me "Transaction SCC4 is locked (in transaction SM50)".I know the transaction can be locked by sm01.but now the scc4 is not locked in sm01.can you help me ?

Looks like a database lock to me (because of the reference to SM50, process overview). This means someone else is/was locking this transaction. This is a protection mechanism to mak sure no two users manipulate the same data at the same time.

You can ask your basis guys to investigate if someone else is indeed usuing SCC4 and if that is not the case have them remove the database lock.

Hope this helps,

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Jurjen seems to be correct.. although I feel that if a user would have locked the data through tcode, then the system should say about the user id of the user who locked that ...

Still, it can be checked using sm04 or al08 tcode (user overview).. if some user is already using that tcode..

other way to find out if scc4 is not locked is by using sm20 or stad for scc4. if somebody has used it, it should not be locked.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI,

any locks visible in SM12?

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi there,

please unlock sm30 and everything will be fine.

Regards

Sipho Mathye