Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secruity Controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus - I'm doin a review of secruity controls for a company. Do you have any templates that I could use for my findings? I don't know how to document my findings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Gurus - I'm doin a review of secruity controls for a company. Do you have any templates that I could use for my findings? I don't know how to document my findings.

I recommend using a MS Word document and changing the page setup to "Landscape". That way you can put text, and screenshots into it - or even imbed attachments.

Cheers,

Julius

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Gurus - I'm doin a review of secruity controls for a company. Do you have any templates that I could use for my findings? I don't know how to document my findings.

I recommend using a MS Word document and changing the page setup to "Landscape". That way you can put text, and screenshots into it - or even imbed attachments.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> I recommend using a MS Word document and changing the page setup to "Landscape". That way you can put text, and screenshots into it - or even imbed attachments.

In addition to the landscape orientation, changing the font to "Arial narrow" will allow you to document more findings per line.

0 Kudos

IF you are doing code review, you can also use font 'Arial monospaced for SAP'.

• Supported by MS Word and makes the contents look really authentic and original.
ENDIF

If given nothing else, I normally also use some headers, like:

- Description.

- Risk.

- Observation.

- Recommendation

Cheers and enjoy the weekend,

Julius

0 Kudos

I also find that writing everything in 8pt font allows you to get more on each line

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lots of formats, the one Julius mentioned is popular, as is excel spreadsheet.

Reviews can be done in a variety of ways. You may want to include things like Risk, Control, Steps to review control, expected result, actual result & evidence.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

As you may have noticed this thread is turning into a real 'friday afternoon fest'. If you go through this forums' history you'll notice that this general kind of questions hardly ever receives a satisfactory answer.

I think you should ask the people who employ/hire you what kind of information they want and create your template(s) based on these requirements.

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you convert the Word document to a PDF before sending it out, don't forget to check for Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.

Cheers,

Julius