Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Access to IT 0008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am building a role for Talent Manager and they should be able to execute a custom report to get

talent review information. This report internally reads data from IT 0008. So to execute this report

successfully, talent managers would need 'Read' access to this infotype. Is there a workaround to

execute the report without giving the read access to IT 0008 via PA20?

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Pavana

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavana,

Does the custom report calls the PA20 transaction code internally ?

In case, if the report is reading the infotype IT 0008 without calling PA20 (which i think should be the case), then you need to make sure that you have read (R) for the P_ORGIN in the role.

PS: PA30 is read only

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

The custom report is reading IT 0008 info without calling PA20.

To enable the user to execute the report, auth object P_ORGINCON needs to be set up like this.

Authorization level M, R

Infotype 0000, 0001, 0002, 0008,0024

Personnel Area Q001-Q025

Employee Group *

Employee Subgroup *

Authorization Profile *

Subtype *

Organizational Key *

P_ABAP as:

Degree of simplification for a 1

ABAP Program Name ZRHPD0008

With this user is able to execute the report. But can display it0008 via PA20, which i don't want. I tried to use the example explained for time administrator on SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/f0/bcb83b5b831f3be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Pavana

0 Kudos

Hi Pavana,

I don't think in standard SAP you can achieve this - you either do or do not have access to an infotype so if the report calls it, then you're stuck.

What you could do though - is talk with your programmers and get them to remove the check to P_ORGIN and bypass it - effectively turning it off.

I'd say that this would need to be seriously considered because of course you want it to check infotypes, so perhaps instead of not checking anything or running a P_TCODE check at the very least,

maybe what you'd want to do instead is consider creating a customised auth object...

say built the same as P_ORGIN (maybe called ZP_ORGIN?), but with an additional field for tcode, and get your programmers to check that instead of a P_ORGIN check.

A bit more work around to achieve that, get it working and keep it maintained successfully, but if you're producing a report with info that is sensitive, and that should be limited, then you could try that.

Sorry it's not the best answer in the world - I'd be interested to know if someone else has a better solution!!

Cheers,

Di

0 Kudos

Thanks Zaheer and Dianne.

I have discussed this issue with other team members and no one could come up with a better

solution. Looks like we will be changing the program to remove the check on this infotype.

I will leave this thread open for few more days to see if anyone has got a different approach to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Pavana

0 Kudos

H Pavana,

You can maintain the P_ABAP object directly as below and not maintain the P_ORGIN in the role.

P_ABAP

Degree of simplification for a 2 ( 2 denotes report will be run without checks)

ABAP Program Name ZRHPD0008 ( report name which you want to run without checks)

I am not sure if the report will still ask for access to the LDB but this is certainly worth a try.

0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for the reply.

>

> The custom report is reading IT 0008 info without calling PA20.

>

> To enable the user to execute the report, auth object P_ORGINCON needs to be set up like this.

>

>

> Authorization level M, R

> Infotype 0000, 0001, 0002, 0008,0024

> Personnel Area Q001-Q025

> Employee Group *

> Employee Subgroup *

> Authorization Profile *

> Subtype *

> Organizational Key *

>

> P_ABAP as:

> Degree of simplification for a 1

> ABAP Program Name ZRHPD0008

>

> With this user is able to execute the report. But can display it0008 via PA20, which i don't want. I tried to use the example explained for time administrator on SAP Help:

>

> http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/f0/bcb83b5b831f3be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

>

>

> Regards,

> Pavana

Pavana,

Your design is correct, you just need to change something minor. Remove PA20 for the recruiter role since they will have no need to PA20. Second go to SU24->ZRHPD0008 and add auth object P_ORGINCON. Regenerate the role on expert mode read new and merge with old.

Final outcome: People assign to the role will be able to run ZRHPD0008 and not PA20.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

As per the security design matrix, I cannot remove PA20 from the role as it is required to display other IT such as 0000,0001,0002, 0024. I want users assigned to this role to be able to execute the report but unable to display 0008 via PA20.

Regards,

Pavana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavana,

Questions that I would ask myself in a situation like this:

1. Do Talent managers have access to PA20?

2. Do Talant managers have access to view IT 0008 currently?

3. Does your report display sensitive info related to 0008?

If you have answered yes to all three of the above, then I don't see anything wrong with the way your report is built.

If your answer is No, in P_ABAP enter a value of * for the report and do not enter any values in P_ORGINCON.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our functional and business people have decided to assign this role to key people who would have access

to view IT 0008. So I am continuing with the original design.

Thanks for all the inputs.

Regards,

Pavana