cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single process order spanning over multiple days...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

My scenario is as follows:

I have a semi FG C going into multiple FGs A and B.

Receipts for A and B create dependent requirements for C on different days of a week. It would always be 2 continous days, Monday-tues or Tue-Wed and so on.

My lot size period type is "Days - 1." So when I run PPDS heuristic, the system creates 2 planned orders to cover the 2 different dependent requirements since my period bucket is days - 1.

We would want only 1 planned order for semi FG C which spans over 2 days of the week. To achieve this, what I did is change the lot size period type to Week-1 ( with period factor 1) which would create a single process order on the last day of the week and have the scheduler move the order and align it with the receipt of the FIRST planned order( for A or B).

Is there anyway we can let the system do this for us? Again the requirements can be on Day 1-2,2-3,3-4,4-5 etc...but what we would like is based on when the multiple requirements are, the system create the planned order for C on the day of the requirement of the first receipt( be it A or B).

IF Dep Reqs are on day 2-3, the planned order for C is needed on day 2. If the dep reqs are on 4-5, the planned order for C should be on day 4.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Also, is there any function in the DS planning board to "Merge" 2 orders?

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I haven't worked on PP/DS, but have mapped the same requirement using SNP Optimizer. I think the process should not be much different. The following are the steps required:

1. You have to enable the resources for cross-period planning.

2. Increase the Min-Lot size of the PPM equal to 2 days production capacity.

3. Enable Crossperiod Planning in Optimizer Profile.

You can only try by enabling Crossperiod planning in resource master and increasing the Min-Lot size in the PPM.

This approach should work....

Regards,

Manjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Changing to weekly lot size is the best option. It seems your problem is that the process order should get over (end date) before the first requirement. In such a case, you should also maintain a rounding value/fixed lot size in material C. Then process order will be created before the order of A or B (The first of the two) starts. In product view it will show a surplus on the first day and it will get consumed on the next day when B is produced.

Another way is to avoid using period factor so that heuristic creates planned order before the requirement.

Hope this should solve.

Nitin

Answers (0)