cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM : Changing batch data are not being reflected into Inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When we receive a goods from vendor system allocates material batch number automatically where as GR person enters vendor batch manually. For some reason we change vendor batch number in the batch transaction say VEN123 to VEN321 but this change in reflected into Inspection Lot. so we need to reverse the GR and receive with new batch and correct Vendor Batch. This creates new Inspection lot with correct vendor batch.

Can anyone suggest me the correct way of reflecting change of vendor batch any where to Inspection Lot?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

RajaRam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vendor batch is not related to the inspection lot. The vendor batch is part or a property of the batch record. You can edit the values in MS2n.

When you do the auto good receipt, the system is creating a batch number for you. When your manually doing it, the user is entering a batch number and creating a batch in your system.

There is no vendor batch value displayed in an inspection lot. The vendor batch number in MSC2N has no impact on the batch number itself.

I think you are thinking the vendor batch number and an SAP batch number are the same objects. They are not.

I'm not sure I'm doing a good job explaining this.

When a person keys in the vendor batch number AS the batch number, then SAP creates that batch. If they don't, an internal number is assigned.

I hope this makes some sense to you.

Craig