cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS BizTalk & SAP PI(XI) 7.1 Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a client that insists on using BizTalk Server (either 2004 or 2006 when it GA's) to interface to SAP PI(XI) 7.1. We are in the process of upgrading from R/3 4.7 x200 to Business Suite 2005 SR3. The modules are ERP6, BI7, CRM 2007, SCM 2007, MDM 5.5 (or latest ver when we get to it) and SRM. We have over 100 interfaces to the MES systems and outside 3rd party systems that will be either drawing or supplying/both to all systems. Our offices are world-wide and my end-user base is fairly well distributed world-wide also. So are my 3rd party & MES systems.

I have search everywhere and even though BizTalk has SAP Certification for NW 7 modules, there is NOTHING in marketplace about it and anything newer than NetWeaver 2004. MSDN is no better, all they claim is myBusiness Suite (which is also NetWeaver 2004), no mention of anything at the Current SAP level.

Has anyone done this successfully? and if so where did you find your information?

Initially we considered SeeBeyond, but since SUN has purchased it and incorporated it into their J-CAPS suite, that has become 2nd choice (it is hard to understand what J-CAPS is and all we want is the EAI portion).

Pat McCarthy

Edited by: Pat McCarthy on Aug 22, 2008 12:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

PI7.1 is the upgraded version of XI, so I don't think there will any specific doc available that will give you the integration information.

You may refer the previous documents i.e. with PI 7.0 or with XI 3.0.

Integration can be done using the BizTalk Adapter for via SOAP or mySAP Business Suite(2004), you may go for PI7.1 which come under E-SOA,

Reliable Messaging is possible based on SOAP communication with the Quality of Service Exactly Once.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90e1b3a2-0a01-0010-bcb7-98519b19...

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Aug 22, 2008 4:24 AM