cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Pages of O/P document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My business got requirement of printing out multiple pages of terms and condition for an O/P document, How can i achieve that? Do i have to created text and execute this in Smartform?

I am dealing with O/P documents for multiple countries, How to manage the texts for different countries, Can one Smartform will solve the purpose?

Thank you

ANil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes... in normal cases if the first page got filled, it automatically start filling in the second page and like the subsequent pages. Only one thing you need to make sure that, it is not overwriting the lines in the additionla pages. You can test the same and if any descripancy in the print, take the help of your ABAP consultant.

If you maintain the central text, you have the option of language translation. Once system finds the customer's default langauage, it will give the output print in that langauage, if the translation is already done.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Navneetha and prashanth for your info.

1. If i have to show two central texts for one country like terms and conditions and three other completely different texts for some other country, can i control in my smartform based on company code which texts to select and where to print?

2. What is the transaction for translation of texts?

3. I have got 3 pages of terms and conditions, How to maintain this text?

Thank you

ANil

Edited by: anil maguluri on Aug 22, 2008 3:59 PM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont need to do anything for enabling the output in multiple pages. Once the first page is filled, it will automatically move to the successive pages. Just inform your tech consultant that it should be possible to have the output in multiple pages.

When you are having the output for multiple countries, you need to do lot of things depending on whether ur system is Unicode compliant or not. If not, for every text you are going to print in the smartform, you need to get the translation in all the applicable languages. Then you have to maintain these translations for all languages for each text element (SO10). In this also, if you give the English description and the corresponding translation for all languages to the tech consultant, he will upload the message in all languages.

When you are testing, you have to make sure you are testing in all possible languages and verify whether the texts are coming as expected.

Hope this helps you