cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit PS Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to define validation messages (Error) to WBS elements in OPSI ( Edit PS Validations ) but i want them to link to system status. For e.g. fist digit of WBS starting with 9 can not be released (REL). For this i have to create PRE REQUISITE and CHECK.

There is no table field in OPSI for system status or REL .

Please guide me how to do this ?

This will be a great help !

Regards,

Dhruv Kumar Malhotra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes u can use validations to check values & value combinations that users enter in PS, In addition to the standard checks, u can specify ur own individual checks to be carried out when posting business transactions. Validation occurs before the data is posted , so that only valid data is posted.

OPSI - edit validation

In Project Profile OPSA u have to specify which one to validate ie. WBS or NETWORK.

hope this will help u.

Regards,

ANSAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhruv ,

Try out this one just an idea .

Prerequisite :

PRPS-POSID :1-1: = '9' ( whatever position you want to define in the WBS )

Check :

Uxxx ( User Exit )

Error : WBS Cannot be released .

In the module pool RGGBR000 define user exit UXXX, take the help of an abapper and

define the code such that for the Object PRPS-OBJNR the status object I0002 is active .

Not sure if JEST Table could help you for the Object status as it gets updated only after

saving .( Remember you have to check the fields on the screen and not the database as

the system should stop a change )

Also you need to take care of the Previous WBS Elements which have been release already .

May be an abapper can help you better .

Hope it may give some idea .

But Just curious if you dont want to release a WBS , what might be the purpose of

creating it ?

Cheers

Kish

Edited by: Kish on Aug 22, 2008 9:44 AM

Answers (0)