cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i debug j2ee application in SAP netweaver 7.1 CE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i want debug the WD application i do this steps in this threads:

there are no J2EE Engine in preferences, but i configure in debug dialog window.

that's ok.

but i dont know how i can debug j2ee application.

In j2ee application i have one EJB with webservices, and i need debug the webservices methods.

I dontn't now how do this.

I am using SAP NetWeaver 7.1 CE.

Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are the steps:

1. Go to Window->Preferences->SAP AS Java. Click on "Add new SAP system" button. Mention the hostname & the instance number of the CE server that you want to reference. Save. Make sure that the server is in debug mode

2. Open debug dialog and create a new configuration under "Remote Java Application". Name it whatever you like.

3. Select the j2ee project by clicking "Browse". Leave the "Connection Type" to "Standard (Socket Attach)". Mention "Connection Properties" parameters with hostname/IP of the CE server and the debug port. Note that this is the debug port and not the HTTP port. You can find it from the NWA application.

4. Set a breakpoint inside the ejb code, the main ejb and not any of the interfaces.

That's it, launch your WD application and when the ejb is invoked it will stop at the breakpoint (I mean, in theory it should ).

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's great.

the step that you sad above, work perfectly.

I did this and i enable the debug with swicth on.

Thanks a lot.

Marcos.

Answers (0)