cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying text on a form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm running into an issue where an incorrect text ID is displayed on our billing form. On our form we are displaying text ID ZCLN and we want to use ID 0002. How can we configure which texts display on a form?

edit: more specifically, we're trying to figure out how the text is read from the sales order to the billing form. The text isn't copied from the sales order to the billing document directly, but we display the text on the form. When we create the billing document we are getting an entry in table STXH, but it is for ZCLN text ID and we want to use 0002.

Thanks in advance,

Johnny

Edited by: Johnny Burrell on Aug 21, 2008 10:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that you should use a function module instead of fetching texts from table.

For this:

Goto SE37 & enter "READ_TEXT" & execute

enter the details as under:

CLIENT xxx

ID 0002

LANGUAGE E

NAME document number with padded zero

OBJECT object in which ur texts goes (eg VBBP etc)

& execute, you will see your text.

Now ask your ABAPer to include this call function code in your print program logic, thats it.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay. and thanks for the reply. As I said in my original post we are able to display text on the form, but we are displaying the wrong text. So the question isn't about which function module to use to read text out of stxh, that part works fine. What we are after is how to configure which texts display on a form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok a bit more information and I'm not even sure it'll help. STXH and STXL both get populated with the 2 text objects after the sales order is saved. After the delivery is saved only STXH gets populated with the 2 text objects. The program in our billing form is reading STXH to get the text data and the text read is coming from the sales order, not delivery. There are no item texts in the billing document.