cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any method to fire several Outbound Plugs in asynchronous way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have two Web Dynpro Components. The first one fires two Outbount Plugs. The second WD component recieves, by Inbound Plugs, the events and shows, for each one, one window with a view.

The example is a WD (first WD component with the two windows of the second WD component) with a field to introduce the customer number. When I confirm the field, it shows the master data of the customer (one window) and all his sales orders (the other window).

The problem is that the master data doesn't appear until the sales orders appear.

Is there any method to fire several Outbound Plugs in asynchronous way?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can insert a wait statement (WAIT UP TO sec SECONDS) before you fire the second outbound plug of the component1. This will force the output of the sales order to display after master data output.

Regards,

Satheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but this option don't solve the problem, because I want to show the master data (small amount of data) when the system reads them in the backend system and when the system retrieve the sales orders data (big amount of data).

Then, in this case, there are two moments where the data appears in the navigation explorer.

This this the reason I want to fire Outbount Plugs in asynchronous way, like Ajax technology or like Visual Composer where the data are shown when the system retrieve it, without interfering with the display.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should perhaps consider breaking the second componet into two - one for the master data and one for the sales orders. You can then set them up as separate iViews in the portal. You could then use portal eventing from your original iView to trigger the detailed lookup in each sub iView (Master Data and Sales Orders) in parallel. You will have the disadvantage that now you will have multiple user sessions in the backend, but the processing of each area will be truely independent and show their data as soon as available.

The other option would be to have a linked triggering of events. If you have separate components (but not separate iViews) you could have the main component trigger a navigation plug into the master data component. You go ahead and have it display its data, but then set a TimedTrigger for a very low number. It will then immediately trigger another server event in which you can fill the final component with the Sales Orders. you will only have one iView so the server even for the sales orders will display the hour glass but you will have the master data on the screen during this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thomas. Thanks a lot.

The second option runs well but it doesn't leave to work with the system until the last component finished.

I will try to test the first one with portal events and I will check the backend performance.

Thank you.

Answers (0)