cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: IDOC Problem - Defining a datatype exactly same as IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a IDOC to JMS scenario. I am trying to send all the contents of the IDOC (from R3) as an XML message to the JMS reciever.

I am not able to define the IDOC's XSD as the target data type. Without this I am not able to create a mapping between the IDOC and target datatype.

I do not want to define the entire IDOC's structure manually as new datatype. Is there a way I can import the XSD (of IDOC) as a datatype ?

Please help....

John

Message was edited by: XI Developer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can probably define the idoc type as message type, which should satisfy your requirement.

If you want to send the entire IDOC as XML, another option is to write the IDOC to XML file (using XML port) and then using File adapter to transfer the file. Mapping will not be required in this scenario.

(you will probably lose the idoc acknowledgement this way though)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not a IDOC-File. It is IDOC-JMS scenario. I have to send the entire IDOC to the JMS queue as an XML. What is the best way for me to do this ??

I was not sure if I can do it without the mappings. Hence, I was trying to import the XSD of IDOC as target message and then do the mapping.

Please advice....

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use trandaction we60 and generate XSD of the IDOC. Then you can import it into XI.

else .... Import the IDOC into XI and take the XSD.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to do with out mapping.We can just pass the entire Idoc to the receiver as u want the total data of IDoc.

Just dont do any thing with IR.

1.In ID while creating recv.Det. pass the dummy Interface name to the recvr as inbound interface..

2.Leave blank the interface determination.

3.do the sender agreement,recv agreement and all.

4. u dont need any mapping(msg and intf).ok.

this worked for us.

hope this helps.

regards,datta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , again,

with reference to above message,

5.use the idoc type as the sender interface.ok.

we tested it, its working.

regards,

datta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you import your IDOC nto Repository itself you can take a XSD out of it.

<i>I have to send the entire IDOC to the JMS queue as an XML. What is the best way for me to do this ??</i>

You can take the XML of IDOC by just copying the XML source when you drag and drop the IDOC into MM and executing in the test tab.

Cheers,

Rashmi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

->you can do this by going to transaction we60.

->enter your Idoc type in Basic type.

->go to documentation(in your toobar) and click on xml schema.

->then go to xml(toolbar) and click on download and specific the filename and location.

IN REPOSITORY:

->create new external definition and in file, browse and get the file you downloaded and u can use this.

hope this hepls.

regards,

Jesse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can create a external defenition and try to import the idoc in the external defenition.so a external message will be created with the same idoc structure.so you can use the external message for your mapping

regards

jithesh