Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are certain objects for which the "check" indicators can never be turned off i.e. to "No". Is there a comprehensive list of these objects?

thanks

Omar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

> There are certain objects for which the "check" indicators can never be turned off i.e. to "No".

If you are referring to "Globally switch the object off" then take a look through transaction AUTH_SWITCH_OBJECTS (the docs and the code) and there are some threads here at SDN as well (use the search).

> Is there a comprehensive list of these objects?

If I remember correctly there is no list of objects, but rather excluded object classes which cannot be globally switched off. So, the objects in those classes are protected (regardless of which they are)...

The excluded ones are "basis" and "HR" classes, so BC and PA (?).

PS: I see that most of your questions are in ERP HCM... this means for you either that:

- You don't have a problem, or

- You don't have a solution

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

> There are certain objects for which the "check" indicators can never be turned off i.e. to "No".

If you are referring to "Globally switch the object off" then take a look through transaction AUTH_SWITCH_OBJECTS (the docs and the code) and there are some threads here at SDN as well (use the search).

> Is there a comprehensive list of these objects?

If I remember correctly there is no list of objects, but rather excluded object classes which cannot be globally switched off. So, the objects in those classes are protected (regardless of which they are)...

The excluded ones are "basis" and "HR" classes, so BC and PA (?).

PS: I see that most of your questions are in ERP HCM... this means for you either that:

- You don't have a problem, or

- You don't have a solution

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julius,

thank you for the excellent reply & i am impressed with your comment that all my questions were mainly focused on HCM. That is because i am working on a security project on the HCM side. thanks again for the quick reply!

Regards,

Omar

0 Kudos

> ... i am impressed with your comment that all my questions were mainly focused on HCM. That is because i am working on a security project on the HCM side.

I also moderate the ABAP forums and this has made me a little bit paranoid.

I recommend doing an HCM background check on anyone who can pronounce the abbreviation "ABAP"...

Cheers,

Julius